Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Success

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!!"
Diddy aka Puff Daddy


This quote i read from Mr. Combs struck a nerve with me. Yesterday I talk to my cousin Courtney. He was telling me I need to chill out and get somethings for myself. And I told him that I did, i got furniture. He said that not a gift to yourself but that a necessity. And I thought he was right. But he is not. I work hard for the things people calls necessity. Those things are my rewards. I feel accomplish when i can afford things like that. I work hard for those things. My cousin was telling me i did all of this hard work in school and it time to enjoy life. But in my mind frame, I shouldn't stop working hard. My good friend MJ saids, work hard play harder. I think if i keep pushing myself and out work everyone else, i can play more in the future. Just for a split second i thought Cuz was right and he was in a sense but he must understand where i'm at in my life i feel i can accomplish more. So if i don't get that game, shoes, or phone i want right now.... I know i be able to once I feel I have earned it. Thanks puffy!!!



1 comment:

  1. Taking lessons from Diddy....that's a new one. :-) Yeah, you right man and Diddy right (did I really just type that). Furniture ain't really a necessity. If you recall, we had none in the living room of our apartment for a long time and that was the primary reason why. :-) It's hard sometimes to ignore the temptation of buying "toys" before they are within the proper reach especially when you have people telling you should buy them. Believe me....I know.

    And who says rap music today is empty. I made that quote from a Young Jeezy verse I heard. He was talking about drugs but I got the positive message from it. :-)

    Work hard, play harder.

    ReplyDelete